February 14, 2008

F.A.M.E.

I have to tell you about my afternoon yesterday. It was fantastic!

I went to the Y after work..blah, blah, blah - nothing interesting to tell there.

After the Y I went to Target (my favoritest store ever!) to get chocolate chips. I waited in the parking lot for some lady to struggle to get her massive suv out of the parking space (lots of slow, slow back and forth) only to have the spot stolen by some other unnoticing lady. THANKS! I was pretty perturbed. It was cold, starting to snow, and Target was crazy busy! I found another spot further down, which I practically needed a shoe horn to get into. I went into Target with $100 giftcard burning a hole in my pocket. Didn't see any movies on sale that I wanted - bummer. Clothes - blah, nothing cute. I went over and grabbed a back of chocolate chips and headed for the registers. That's when I ran into a friend of mine who works there. He's always so friendly and smiley, it cheers me up to see him. I was instantly in a better mood, smiling as I walked down the front isle looking for a short lined register. Coming towards me was a HUGE high school boy (he was wearing a letter jacket), he had to have been about 6'3" 250lbs, carrying a teddy bear - by the throat - towards the check out. I giggle rediculously! It was obviously a valentine gift for his gf, but he had to be all macho carrying it. So funny!
I got home and began getting cookies and dinner together. My cell phone rang - oddly, it was my sister. Frantically she tells me to turn on the tv, because her and my brother-in-law are going to be on. She hurriedly gets off the phone to call someone else. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Sure enough - the footage of the iguana eating their wedding cake was on! (if you want to hear the full story, let me know) The Insider was showing wedding blooper videos this week, and they put a very humorous spin on the events at my sister's wedding. I was amazed, very humored, and also pretty proud of it all.
That was pretty much the highlight of my night, but it was followed by making chocolate chip cookies (yummy), experimenting with dinner and being very successful! and also, 2 hours of great tv. Ah, it was a good night.
P.S. if you make cookies from scratch, you can freeze some of the dough and bake them later...it works wonderfully! Just make sure to protect the dough from freezer burn - cover with wax paper and seal in an airtight container. So easy!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic N-SAD evening! :) Hope you have a great day!