November 16, 2009

two steps forward

one step back.
I realize that life is full of challenges. Everyone faces obstacles and life-altering moments. We all come to a crossroads. We all have tough choices to make. We all struggle.
These are the times that alter our course through life, forever.
Our choices build upon each other, creating the path of our life that lies before us.
Some of the toughest decisions I've made in my life have hurtled me into a new direction. The decisions were difficult, painstaking, scary. But, ultimately for the best.
Some of my very best girl friends in life I've known for less than 4 years. I'm settled into a wonderful, supportive group of friends. I met these amazing women by making a difficult decision to change my life. I've struggled. I've felt beaten. I've grown stronger. I've had many ups and downs, but ultimately, I'm up. Way Up.
One decision put my life on a new course, a wonderful one.
The old adage "no pain, no gain" is not just applicable to sports or exercise. It's applicable to life. Sometimes tearing that bandaid off, although it might hurt at first, is the best thing you've ever done. I look forward with great hope and loving friends... and now, with a loving boyfriend. I am happy to be where I am today. I look back at my personal growth, and it makes me proud. I look around at the wonderful people I have added to my life and feel warm. I look forward to the wonderful things that lie ahead of me and feel excited.
I know that we all face these great challenges and decisions...and although we may not always aknowledge each other's struggles, friends, I am proud of what you have accomplished. I'm proud of who you have become.

No comments: