December 17, 2009

8 days 'til Christmas

I feel like I've been a frenzied, frantic, over-doing-it, crazy girl lately. Shopping, wrapping, working, packing, baking. I've got a to-do list as long as my arm. No joke.
Lucky for me, McGruff is a good helper and a patient man.
I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have all of my Christmas shopping, except one gift - DONE! Everything is wrapped and under the tree. I did have one minor miss-hap, though. I wrapped a heavy box of something and was carrying it over to the tree when the crappy wrapping paper I have tore. I luckily caught the heavy box with one hand and my leg (which was fortunate, as the contents are breakable). I had to tear the paper off (exclaiming in glee "Oh WOW, I got..." just to be funny). Turns out the box started to come apart from the fall, so I performed a little duck tape fix and a re-wrap.
I've got my fingers crossed that my final shopping outing will be easy, quick, and highly successful. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting and where (hoping they have it in the right size).
The weekend promises a little more shopping, baking, organizing and hopefully some fun. With McGruff's former residence being recently sold, we've also been cleaning out the old house and moving him (fully) over to his new house (my house). There's been a lot of Goodwill-ing, and re-organizing. Not to mention the "where on earth can we store this?!?!" We're nearly done with all of that. The spare bedroom needs some major cleaning and re-organizing, though. So, I just shut the door and pretend nothing's in there.
I feel like my life is back in mid-October. I can hardly believe that this time next week I'll be extruding good tidings and cheer (as if that weren't every day for me!). How come time moves faster as you age? I have so much more to do now than when I was younger!
Happy Holiday errands and celebrations to you!

No comments: