December 12, 2006

Holiday Cheer

As the holidays quickly approach and we are frantically picking up another gift, wrapping presents, mailing out holiday cards and attending parties…I suggest we stop to enjoy the festiveness of the Holiday Season. A lot of people say that Christmas is their favorite holiday…well, it’s mine too. But Christmas is not my favorite holiday because of all the gifts I might be getting… it’s my favorite holiday because of all the cheerfulness and the time I get to spend with my family and those I love. Christmas is the time of year when everyone goes out of their way to say hello, get together, or do something extra special for those that they love. That’s why I love Christmas so much. I get to spoil my new nephew, find great gifts for my family and friends, eat fantastic food and spend a lot of time with the people I care most about. Christmas is really my Thanksgiving. I know this sounds weird, but I am more thankful for the people and gifts in my life around Christmas time than any other time of year. I really appreciate all that I have as it surrounds me during the Holiday Season. I try to remind myself throughout the year how lucky of a person I am, but my luck is very apparent to me around the holidays. To all of you reading this who are friends or family – I love you and am greatful you are a part of my life. In my 25 years of life I have come to realize that the people I choose to surround myself greatly impact the person that I have become. I am constantly learning from those people and they help me to develop into the person that I am today and the person I will be tomorrow. It is with that thought I will close, but first I want to say 3 things.
1. Thank you for all of the amazing people in my life.
2. Happy Holidays to you & yours.
3. Enjoy what you have today, because you never know what tomorrow brings.

No comments: