December 12, 2006

Que Serra Serra

Que Serra Serra
Whatever will be, will be.

I have learned some very important lessens in life, and mostly what I have come to learn as the biggest lessen out of it all… whatever is meant to be, will be… and things will work out for the best.

I guess you could say I’m a bit of a believer in fate. I realize that things don’t always work out. I realize that things don’t always go my way. I realize that sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life in order to do what is ultimately best. I realize that sometimes you have to make lemonade. But these things always teach us something and make us better people for having gone through it.

After dating someone for 5.5 years my daunting future came to light for me. I started to realize that I wasn’t getting all that I deserved. He wasn’t a bad guy by any means, we just ended up not being meant to be together. This was not a realization I came to very easily. It took me several months to realize. But I finally made the decision that the relationship wasn’t right for the rest of my lifetime and I decided to take charge of things and make a change. It was really hard. Breaking someone’s heart is tough business…especially when it sort of breaks your heart as well. Even though it was hard, I knew it was for the best. So I pushed on. There have been bumps along the way, but it’s over a year later and life is good. I’m a whole person, a single person, but a whole person. And I know that somewhere out there exists the right guy for me. Someone who can make me happy and bring out the best in me, and I in him. That is something that I believe deep down inside…and I believe that when the time is right, that someone and I will find each other, then we can live happily ever after.

It’s not a pie-in-the-sky dream. It’s holding out for the real thing, expecting nothing less than the best. Or as my best friend Jennie likes to say “Expect nothing less than a fairytale.” Well, that’s what I’m doing… and ya know what, I know it will happen and I know it exists. I look at some of the great couples I know and I think…yep, that’s what I want. I have my parents, family and friends to thank for showing me what true love is all about.

Here’s to believing in True Love and not settling for less.
Que Serra Serra.

No comments: