well jennie copied this from katie & i'm just copying jennie, but I love them both...so, it's ok...
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
bought a house
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i did work out more than 2005, but I still need to do a better job of it, so I guess that's my '07 resolution, althought i'm not off to a very good start.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes, my sister gave birth to my nephew
4. Did anyone close to you die?
a friend of the family died.
5. What countries did you visit?
no other countries, but I did go to Hawaii, which was fabulous!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
pub crawls with jennie - because she's rediculous, girls day in duluth - because it was so much fun, august 8th when my nephew was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
buying a house
9. What was your biggest failure?
not understanding my heart. but you can't dwell on failures, you have to learn from them and move on
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
just your typical colds, etc. nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my house was a very rewarding and overwhelming purchase
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
liboon has been a rock all year & I'm going to cry when she leaves. she definately deserves a medal for putting up with me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
bridezilla, i can't even explain it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
house stuff, there is always something to be done (luckily for me, most of it is decorating related)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
the duluth trip, buying my house, the August 26th party, the holiday party
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
since u been gone is definately at the top of the list for '06.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier, although that started at the end of 2005, when I took control of my future
b) thinner or fatter? a little fatter...see new years resolution above
c) richer or poorer? a little bit richer, but much wiser
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
played and gone on adventures
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
next year, probably the usual - with the family, but who knows....maybe there will be a new love to add to the mix : )
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
no, but i fell pretty hard for a crush...or two.
22. How many one-night stands?
one, I guess.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I <3 grey's, csi, without a trace, desperate
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
i try not to hate anyone, but there is someone who I was trying to forgive at this time last year and have come to realize that although I will be civil towards her, she is no friend of mine.
25. What was the best book you read?
I really liked angels & demons and i thought the kite runner was very culturally interesting (although depressing)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I cannot claim any sort of musical discovery for my own, usually i'm turned on to things because of my friends. but i did bring country back into my life.
27. What did you want and get?
a house, a new painting, a new tv
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmmm, I didn't really watch too many new movies this year. I wasn't overly impressed with anything.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the big 2-5, and jennie met me for coffee to round out my bday...after a drunken party over the weekend (which wasn't so great of a night for me)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
finding someone to love
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
classic trendy on a budget...or mom jeans
33. What kept you sane?
jennie, my sister.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
will smith will always have a special place in my heart, but I also like matthew mcconaugh and owen wilson
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
no one extensively
37. Who was the best new person you met?
the whole softball team, i like them a lot
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
sometimes life is hard, but you have to try to trust your heart
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm so moving on, yeah yeah
because of you, I get, I get what I want...