March 10, 2008

spread your wings and fly away

i believe she can fly. i believe she can touch the sky.
m is leaving today, sweden-bound. i know it will be an amazing 2-year whirl-wind adventure for her & s. it'll be over before they even know it. but, still, i'm going to miss them both. i already do. i think i'm still in denial that she's really going to be gone. the good thing is, i've gotten to talk to s quite a bit since he's been gone. i'm sure their online time will decrease as they learn and discover more about their new home. but i hope we can still keep in touch. m & s's departure is just over a year after the killipino left. i think this is a tiny bit easier, having been through it before. and even though the killipino is in a 3rd world country, i still get to talk to her and catch-up on a regular basis. she's still my go-to girl, when i need one. sometimes that's tough, since communication can be pretty sporadic, but she's still there. still my rock.
part of my saddness in m leaving is how outgoing and adventurous she can be. a lot like myself. m & i had a great time going out and doing things together. i really love that about her. always up for a good time, for doing whatever. i'm going to miss them both, but am also very excited to hear about this new adventure of theirs. am also, very excited about going to visit them. keeping my fingers crossed that my plan to make that happen comes together.
safe travels and lovely times in your new home, my friends.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I <3 the Kelly Clarkson, Seal Combo...well done. I'm sad to see M leave too..it won't hit me as being reality until our first softball game. Maybe we can all put her number on our shirts as tribute...

Stacy said...

I <3 the Kelly Clarkson, Seal Combo...well done. I'm sad to see M leave too..it won't hit me as being reality until our first softball game. Maybe we can all put her number on our shirts as tribute...