March 24, 2008

weekend update

the quick version, my weekend was spent watching hockey with my family.

my parents and brother were in town (the first from Florida, the later from Chicago). I hadn't seen either since the first week in February, so it was good to see them again. thursday night, we hung out at my parents house, watching hockey with my aunt & uncle and 2 cousins. it was a low-key, but fun night. the gophers beat scsu in overtime to advance in the wcha final five.
friday, i got to leave work early since it was Good Friday. i took the opportunity to get paper for wedding invitations i'm making for a friend. after that, i went to the Y for a decent run (2.25 miles, i'm getting better, folks). then i headed home for a quick shower & change, before heading to my sister's for family night #2. we ordered super yummy pizza and again watched hockey. we played hockey with the mini-sticks in the basement with my 1.5 year old nephew. he had a really great time. oh, and thursday was angie's golden-bday celebration with the fam. so between periods my nephew, jack, and i opened gifts. my family went all out for the golden bday, giving me a very cute shirt and matching bracelet. then on to the surprise gift, which was a sapphire necklace they bought in st. maarten when we were on our trip. although not a perfect match to my earings i bought (they tried to talk me into the earings that matched the necklace, but i didn't know that at the time), the necklace is a perfect accompaniment to the earings, and a great keepsake gift from the fam of my golden bday. the gophers beat colorado college with a crazy overtime goal, which ricocheted off a defenseman and the goalie's shoulder for the game-winning goal. it was a huge upset, since the gophers didn't have a very good season and weren't projected to do much. this put them in the championship game on saturday.
saturday, i woke-up early, thanks to my nephew. i ran some errands and picked up my aunt & uncle's dog, who i'm watching for the week. i spent the day on the couch watching tv with the puppy, just relaxin. (and lamenting the continuous snow-fall that just wouldn't stop). i made the nearly 30-minute drive south again saturday night to my sister's for the championship hockey game. (my 3rd day in a row driving down there). the game was really good, lots of good family time and laughter, unfortunately the gophers lost - despite the good fight. they took 2nd in the wcha, which is great. they advance to the ncaa tournament next weekend. I see more hockey-watching in my future.
sunday i again spent with the fam, for easter. it was pretty low-key.
i know, an exciting hockey-family-weekend! : )
hope everyone had a good easter, is surviving the winter-blahs, and is doing well.

No comments: