June 16, 2009

Here fishy, fishy, fishy

I enjoyed several hours out on the lake this past weekend. Everything from late-night star gazing to fishing and sunning. It was a great time, and something I haven't done in far, far too long. I only caught two tiny little sunfish. I guess my fishing skills are a bit rusty. I managed to work on my tan some, spending a majority of the day in my swim suit. The water was absolutely freezing, though. Proof of the cold spring and slow start to summer weather we're having here in MN. I managed to jump in twice, but for only a few seconds each time. I was very glad for the warm sun to thaw me back out. I couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend - beautiful weather, good company, laughter, fun times.
Saturday night, I went with friends to the buggy races at Running Aces in Forrest Lake. The gambling portion of the night didn't go so well. The laughing, joking, and drinking portions were much more successful. Buggy (horse) races are pretty fun, although quite a bit slower than regular horse races (with the jockey on the horses back instead of in a cart...are they still jockey's if they ride behind the horse???). I think dog races are still my favorite. Maybe that's because I've only gone to the dog races in Florida, which means I'm on vacation, I guess that could have something to do with it.
Anyway, I had a super fun, little responsibility weekend. It's nice to do that once in a while.

No comments: