June 8, 2009

run, run, run

Yesterday it was cold and rainy. I spent my entire day in sweat pants and an over-sized sweatshirt. I enjoyed laying in bed late, a liesurely lunch, followed by Marley and Me. Curled up on the couch, I could have laid there the whole day. It was a comfy, cozy, sweet day.
I'm glad for it, for many reasons. Including how crazy-busy this week will be. Sunday's quiet, slow day should help propel me through the week.
Between outside-of-work work, invitations, softball, family obligations, and a much over-do dinner with a friend, I'm booked solid. Then I have plans to go fishing next weekend. This will be my first fishing trip for more than a decade. I'm a little nervous about the slimey/scaley fish-touching. Luckily, an experienced fisherman will be there to re-teach me how to cast, and hopefully will bait my hook for me too. I'm looking forward to some time out on the water, boat rides, bonfires, and starry skies.
I have a feeling this week will be a race to Friday, a re-curring theme for me. I just hope I can get all of my stuff done. That way I can relax and truly enjoy the experience and company of my weekend.

No comments: