March 24, 2010

zzzzZZZZZzzzzz

I don't know what my problem is lately. Sure, daylight savings time "spring ahead" has the mornings darker. Sure, I'm working out more and harder than I have in a long time. Sure, work has been really busy and stressful. But why can't I get out of bed in the morning? Honestly, alarm goes off and I either hit snooze or turn it off all together. McGruff gets up, I roll over into the warm space he left vacant. I keep telling myself "just a few more minutes." I repeatedly roll over, look at the clock, and decide I can sleep a little longer. Sometimes I fall back asleep, jolting awake with little time to get ready & leave for work. Most mornings, I drag myself out of bed 20-30 minutes before I have to leave for work. Then I slowly get the cob webs out and throw together a look that's (luckily) appropriate in my laid-back work environment. Once my day gets going, I'm fine, not crazy tired, not sleepy. I try to go to bed early, I even get around 8 hours of sleep a night. So, why can't I manage to drag myself out of bed in the morning?

No comments: