July 23, 2010

still here

things are a bit hectic lately. Work is exploding all around me, and that's what my waking life is 80% devoted to right now. The other 20% I'm trying to use towards good things - my bf, the house, cooking/eating, socializing, softball, etc. (ps, I'm exhausted.)

At any rate, I've had a few fleeting thoughts of kinda funny (read: randomness) that I wanted to post on here. Yeah, now I can't remember them. Good grief!

well, I've got one:

Is saying "no offense, but..." before a statement a way of really saying "so, I realize you're probably not going to like what I have to say, because it isn't very nice, but I think it's true, so I'm going to pre-empt you and say you can't get mad at me, k?"

Is this some kind of exclusion to the rule "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

No comments: