January 18, 2011

Time, Time, Time

I think about my sister, with three kids, and I wonder how in heck I'm ever going to have time to cook, clean, do laundry, and take care of one child...ya know, whenever that day may come.
I hardly have time right now to work 8+ hours per day, work 4+ extra hours per week, and do all the regular chore-type things, plus have a social life. I mean, I still manage to fit in some relaxing time, and an occasional dinner or night out with friends or MG. But, it's tough.
My usual work week, now that I get up to work out, looks like this:
drag myself out of bed, get dressed, drive to the Y, exercise, drive home.
Shower, get dressed, throw breakfast, lunch & snacks in my bag (I need to eat every hour or two, I'm like a Gremlin).
Drive to work. Work 8+ hours (works really busy lately, too).
Drive home. Kiss MG, start working my second job. Try to help with either preparing dinner, cleaning the kitchen, or laundry. Work until 9:00. Collapse on the couch or into bed. Watch tv for a little while. Fall asleep.
Ok, so that's usually my Monday routine. The other days of the week get a little easier (I don't usually work (as much) in the evenings). And, lucky for me, MG is a good helper-outer.

Sometimes I wonder what people who work a straight 40 hours per week job do in all of that spare time. Then I think about the people who work WAY more than I do.

1 comment:

doahleigh said...

The "whenever that day may come" didn't come soon enough. I spent a whole second thinking, "OH MY GOD is she having a kid and missed it?"