June 7, 2012

Something More?

Sometimes I feel that there's something bigger, something more than my current me that I should be. It's not that I feel like who I am isn't good enough. It's more that I feel like I could be a better person. Someone who's more impactful on the life of others, in a good way.
I am not really sure how to explain what I'm trying to say. I don't exactly feel like the next Mother Theresa or anything even close to that. I'm certainly not that self-less. I do feel like I have something really great inside me, I just need to figure out what that is, then how to release it and use it for good.
I feel like I could invent something (but I'm not a tinker-er, or an expirementer in any way).
I read books and wonder if I could be that descriptive, that expressive, that lively in my writing.
I love to cook, and think I could create wonderful food (although I don't know if that really qualifies as a "greater good" thing).
Mostly, I wonder if I bring a light to other people's world. (I know people enjoy my company, love me, find value in me...it's not about self-esteem, it's about something bigger than me).
I wonder what kind of impact I have on the lives around me.

In some ways, I feel like I'm in the right place, where I'm supposed to be. In other ways, I feel like I'm still trying to figure out my own path to take. Do other people feel this way, too???

No comments: