January 2, 2009

2008 in review

2008 has come and gone. Hard to believe. I've come up with an Alphabet of 2008 events.
Adventures: zip-lining in the rain forest of St. Lucia. Carribbean travels. NYC.
Birthday: it was a big birthday for me, my golden. I turned 27, an age that forever seemed far-off.
Class: Completed one college class on Motion Graphics.
Dates: Yes. Some much better than others.
Entertainment: saw Wicked on Broadway.
Farewell: two wonderful friends who (temporarily) moved to Sweden this year.
Gifts: a sapphire necklace from my family for my golden birthday.
Health: I had a pretty healthy year. 2 great health reports for loved ones.
Imposter: I had my credit card number stolen.
Juggling: full-time work, part-time work, class, friends, family and social life.
Kids: My nephew is 2, and I added a niece at the end of July.
Learned: I have a say and I do not have to play by your rules.
Memorable Moments: girls nights, my birthday party, Halloween night. a missed text-message, but a great night of pizza and a movie.
New: I've made a few new friends this year, one in particular. School. Fall softball. Yoga class.
Old: many of my friendships have matured and grown into deeper relationships, new friends are becoming old friends.
Places visited: St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, NYC, Ft. Myers
Qualities: I've been trying to be more understanding of different people and their opinions.
Read: James Patterson books - thrilling and captivating. Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential also gets an honorable mention.
Sweet words: I tend to take compliments with a bit of hesitation, but a few stick out: "You're beatiful." "That was very thoughtful of you." "I miss your face." "I missed you." "Can't believe xxx met you first."
Totally unexpected: "Hi. I'm xxx, I was told to meet you."
Undone: I came undone about 3 times this year. All had to do with past relationships. Seeing things in a new light and standing firm for what is in my own best interest is both empowering and very difficult. I was fortunate enough to have great support from great friends.
Venture: nothing ventured, nothing gained. A new friend told me he wasn't very outgoing, hesitant to meet new people. I told him the worst that can happen is someone new rejects you, but that just means they suck.
Work: same place, same job. I got our website up and running. A 4+ year project.
X-rated: I wont tell. J/K, but we now have HBO and after watching a DVD, C & I accidentlly turned back on to an adult-related film that was airing. Ooops.
Youth: I still don't feel old. Sometimes I'm surprised at what I have accomplished, at such a young age. Sometimes I wonder how I can already be 27, it doesn't feel like that long.
Zeal: new things, new friends, new relationships.

1 comment:

SexArise! Team said...

Terrific writing style and this piece was an interesting read, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Hopefully your friends in Sweden will return soon. If you want to check out a great workout for 2009 with sexy women and if you're not too squirmy you just might like it! Check out SexArise! the routine is basically for women but the visuals in this case is for men. We hope you enjoy it!
John Allen
www.sexarise.com